The Easy Way to Install Wallpaper
Before you get started, make sure you have the right tools for the job. You can find all of the following tools in the picture for some pocketchange in your nearest painting shop.
See instruction video here:
1. Make sure you clean the wall in order to operate on a smooth, clean and even surface.
2. Cut the individual strips. Note that they're printed in different directions.
Tip. The easiest way is to lay out your rolls on the floor from left to right and check your design. The rolls are numbered for your convenience.
3. Identify the wall beforehand in order to know what direction to get started from. If you start from the right - start with the last roll and strip 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and so on. From the left - start with the first roll and strip 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
4. To ensure you get off to a great start, use a level to make a vertical line at the edge of the first strip. Be meticulous. Apply a thin layer of non-woven glue directly to the wall where the first strip will be placed. You can apply slightly more outside the drawn line in preparation for the second strip.
5. Starting from the top, place your first strip aligned with the drawn line and get rid of any air bubbles. Apply glue for the second strip and place it edge to edge, as close as possible, without overlapping. Remove any excess glue with a damp sponge.
Tip. Use a seam roller once you've placed two strips edge to edge, to ensure no seams are visible once the wallpaper is completely dry.
6. Cut and remove any excessive leftovers from the wallpaper. Make sure to use a straight edge to cut against, always with a very sharp knife. Voilà!
Wow. I know absolutely NOTHING about installing wallpaper — but am COMPLETELY obsessed with it. I think this is something even a novice like me can do! I can’t wait to order some for our new house … here’s to hoping I don’t mess it up (and have to have my husband help me!)!!
Leave a comment