- What is a wall mural?
A wall mural is a large-scale piece of design that is applied directly to your wall. It covers a significant portion of the wall and can depict a wide range of scenes, designs, or patterns. Wall murals are usually custom-made to fit the specific dimensions of the wall they will be installed on. We use FSC marked non woven wallpaper with a very matt finish which gives a luxury touch and feel. A wall mural is the perfect choice for adding a unique and visually striking element to a room's decor.
Some distinguishing features of wall murals are:
- Size: Wall murals work as a larger art piece. They can cover an entire room or just a specific wall, depending on the desired effect.
- Design: Our wall murals depict a wide range of designs, including landscapes, abstract art, historical scenes, nature, and more. The choice of design matter is based on the different collections created by our talented design team. Different techniques are used to create these designs, such as hand painting & digital printing - everything based on the wanted expression of each design or collection.
- Hospitality & Residential: Wall murals are popular in both hospitality settings such as restaurants, hotels, and offices as well as residential spaces such as living rooms, bedrooms, and children's rooms.
- Customization: Our wall murals are custom-designed to fit the specific preferences of the space owner. Customization allows for a high level of personalization.
- What is the difference between a wall mural and wallpaper?
Wall murals and wallpaper are both decorative elements used to enhance the appearance of your walls, creating a more personal and thought out space, but they have some key differences. Wall murals from belarteSTUDIO are made as a large, single-piece design that covers an entire wall, room, or even the ceiling. At belarteSTUDIO we design custom-made artworks, allowing for a high level of personalization. You can adjust the design to fit your space and create the “wow-feeling” in any space.
Wallpaper on the other hand typically comes in rolls with pre-printed patterns or designs. While there is a wide variety of designs available, they are usually repeated across the rolls. Wall murals are typically easier to install because they come as a single large piece. (see our guide on how to install it here).
In summary, wall murals are typically more customizable and make a bolder statement.
- What surfaces are suitable for a wall mural?
Wall murals can be applied to a variety of surfaces, but it's important to ensure that the surface is suitable for proper adhesion and longevity. There are a few things you can do to help smooth out your textured walls and make them more suitable for wall mural application. Sanding your textured walls is one option to create a smoother surface for wallpaper. Use a fine-grit sandpaper to gently sand down any rough spots and create a more even surface.
- Can I install my wall mural myself?
Yes, you can install your wall mural yourself, but it will require some preparation, patience, and attention to detail. Here are the general tips & tricks to install a wall mural:
- Make sure you have a clean, smooth and even surface in one solid color.
- The seams should be put tight together - edge to edge
- Take as little glue as possible to avoid seams slipping.
- Carefully take away glue on the wallpaper with a sponge directly
- We recommend you paint dark color under dark wallpaper and light color under light wallpaper
- Please check so you have roll 1, 2, 3 and length 1, 2, 3 counted from the left in order
- How do I know how much to order?
Ordering the right amount of wall mural material is crucial to ensure that you have enough to cover your wall without excessive waste. At belarteSTUDIO we value sustainability each step of the process and therefore we only send you the amount of material needed. When determining how much wall mural you need for your project, it is easiest to measure the height and width of your wall. If you have more than one wall - add the total width and height. You can easily adjust the design and when choosing a design to add to the cart - press "Customize & Buy". Put in your measurements and adjust how you want your wallpaper. Add a minimum of 10 cm (3 inches) on your measurements for margin.